How to transition your hair & makeup from summer to fall
It is important to tailor your beauty regimen to accommodate all of the needs your hair and skin have during different seasons. Our talented staff has put together a quick guide to keep you on the best path as we transition from the warm summer months to the dry fall season ahead.
Summer months allow your skin to receive more vitamin-d through the sunrays, making light moisturizers your best friend. As we head into the fall months swap these light moisturizers for a stronger version as the fall air can cause dry, flaky skin. We recommend Derma-E Hydrating Day and Night Crème Combo.
As we switch from the glitz and glamour of summer to the cozy-ness of fall make sure to follow these simple yet noticeable trends:
- Let go of the shimmery eye shadows and turn more towards matte colors for the fall. We’re big fans off bareMinerals Ready Eye shadow 4.0 in "the Happy Place Shade”. This 4 pack gives you a highlighting shade and three matte shadows to match any skin tone.
- Swap traditional eyeliner colors such as brown and black with jewel tones like emerald, sapphire and plum.
- Choose a neutral lip or go bold with berry tones this fall. We especially like bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lip color in the “Free Will” shade for a nude look and bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in the “Get Ready” shade for a deeper look.
- Flushed cheeks from the cold air are a big look on the runways this fall. Whether you’re just stepping off the slopes or snuggled up on the couch, fake this style with bareMinerals Ready Blush in the shade “Natural High”.
Fall begins to take its toll with fly-aways, dry scalp and styling problems as the cold air rolls in. To avoid dull looking hair, follow these simple steps:
- Use a conditioning hair treatment with natural oils to smooth down the hairs cuticle and stop damage. We recommend PhytoCyane, a serum that helps stimulate scalp micro-circulation to create a healthy environment for new growth, while providing essentialnutrients to encourage keratin production, restructure and improve thickness of the hair during seasonal changes.
- Lack of moisture results in dry scalp. To help with these issues use a dandruff relief shampoo such as Phytheol Intense Anti-Dandruff treatment shampoo. This shampoo combines soothing and clarifying ingredients to relieve itchy scalps.
- Planning on wearing a hat or headband to keep you warm duringthese cold months, but don’t want to lose your style? Spray a volumizing spray at the roots before blow-drying your hair to give extra lift so your style keeps its shape. Phytovolume Actif is a greatlightweight spray that creates fullness and bounce that’s never stiff.